Only if you knew what I’ve been through
You would know how to respond
To a woman that is scorned
Scorned by all the things said and done
You wouldn’t run
But instead console me
Hold me
And tell me that I am your one and only
Travel with me back into time
Where thoughts and feelings are intertwined
With emotions and notions to do what feels right
The thoughts that I think will never take flight
Into the night, but I’m metaphorically speaking
As I sit and think about the thoughts that I previously were thinking.
You call me complex
but yet my beauty has you vexed
You’d rather have some one of less intellect
Whose body reminds you of a girl on a video set
Instead of the girl with the scar on her neck
Which is the same girl that you cant understand
The same complex girl that can change your mindset from a boy to a man
The same complex girl that would not have your back
But instead hold your hand
But she is too complex and you are too young for “stress”
So in the words of Jay Z you pride fully say “On To The Next”
© 2010 by Bre'Ana Sheon Gates. All rights reserved.
My FAVORITE!!!!
ReplyDelete